Sunday, February 10, 2019

#236: Gamla Stan (pg 367 2nd Ed)

I have now made my way through the first section (Europe) of the 2nd Edition and turns out there are two things in the Europe section that I have done that are listed in the 2nd Edition that are not in the 1st edition.  And Gamla Stan is the second!  We went to Stockholm in August, 2005, before we had digital cameras, so I dug through our old pictures, and this is what I came up with!






The mock ice hotel (how I would love to go to the real one in Norrland, Sweden some day!



Verdict:  Yes.  I don't know if I can be totally unbiased with this one.  We did this trip just two months after we got married.  You probably could have dropped us pretty much anywhere and I would have thought it was the greatest place on Earth.  We went with my brother and sister-in-law, whom we adore and visited my cousin and his family (who were living there, so we go the "local" experience) and hooked up with my sister who came later on in the week.  It was a blissful week of all things perfect, including the weather.  Gamla Stan was charming and dreamy.  Just like my new husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...