Sunday, February 10, 2019

#234: The Rhine Valley (pg 164; 2nd Ed pg 151)

I'm in the midst of going through the 1st edition (copyright 2003) and 2nd Edition (copyright 2011) of the 1000 Places book and comparing all the entries.  In so doing, I realized that I missed recording something that I did!  Yay for getting another checkmark that I didn't realize I had!
In August 1997, I toured Europe with two college friends.  We visited 8 countries during our two week trip, one of which was Germany.

And while in Germany, we hopped on a boat and sailed down the Rhine.

I noted in my scrapbook that I found the place humorous.  The left side is a church.  The right side is a bar.  There is no door on the bar portion of the building, so you have to go to church before and after going to the bar!

Obviously this was years before owning a digital camera, so pictures don't do any of the scenery justice, but....

I wrote in my journal that sailing the Rhine and our drive afterward through Bavaria "was gorgeous." And that it was "the most beautiful place I've ever seen."

Verdict:  If my journal is any indication, Yes!  I was 23 when I took this trip, so it was the most beautiful place I'd seen in over two decades of life.  And now, at Age 42, I want to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...