Sunday, February 10, 2019

#239: Caesarea (2nd Ed pg 446)

Verdict: I went here in Spring of 1997.  This didn't make the first edition, but was added in the 2nd edition.  I'll be honest, since I am just now venturing into the 2nd edition, and I visited Caesarea as part of a 2 month long study abroad, it's hard to think back 22 years and isolate that one experience.  I remember it and I remember thinking it was amazing and being impressed with how advanced the aqueducts were, given the time period they were built and how well-preserved they were.  And while my overall experience in Israel was one big amazing "must do before you die", I don't know that I would label this single site as a "must do."  So, I find it interesting that the author/editors of this book, upon reflection, found that this needed to be added in and of itself.  But here's the thing, it's only 36 miles outside Tel Aviv, which is where you fly into when visiting Israel (which you must do!), so you may as well go here too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...