Monday, February 11, 2019

#242: Seoul's Design Boom (2nd Ed pg 529)









Dear Patricia, You are near and dear to my heart.  So dear in fact that I have spent the last decade of my life devoting my travel itineraries around checking things off in your 1000 Places book.  I went to South Korea in 2014, three years after the 2nd edition came out, but long before I decided to actually transition/merge my travel goals of the 1st and 2nd edition.  I was surprised that there weren't any entries about South Korea in the original edition.  However, I am even more surprised that in the 2nd edition, you added two entries and this was one of them?!  It's like not even a thing!  Of all the things you could have put into the book, you put "Seoul's Design Boom?"  smh..... I read and re-read the entry a few times to make some sense of it, but it brought me no clarity.  I finally texted my friend who lived in Seoul for three years and who we visited in 2014 and sent her a screen shot of the post and said "Did we do this?"  I felt like we did all things Seoul (my friend, after all, was a local and excellent tour guide) but I was so confused as to whether we did the "design boom" or not.  Her response was as follows: "....that is random!!! Basically they listed everything about the city of Seoul on that page. It's actually kind of a strange entry.  It includes almost eery piece of interesting architecture or thing to do in the entire city. Weird! I would definitely check that one off though, because it seems they are trying to say see the modern parts of Seoul, which you definitely did while we were heading to Bukcheon in the downtown area."  So, with her blessing, I'm checking this off and here are a few of my pictures of the various things we saw and did in the city.

Verdict:  Seoul: Yes.  "Seoul's Design Boom": No.  Because I don't even know what that even is in terms of a "thing" or "sight".  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...