Monday, February 25, 2019

#256: Zona Colonial (2nd Ed pg 1083)










In April 2008, when I was hugely pregnant with my Tanner, Dave and I decided to take a "Babymoon" to Dominican Republic.  We stayed at an all inclusive resort, as probably most DR visitors do.  However, the people we talked to at the resort stayed at the resort the whole time,  probably also as most people do.  Not me!  When I go to a new place, I am there to explore! So, one of the things we did was travel to Santo Domingo.  
As it mentions in the 1000 Places book, Santo Domingo has many of the New Word's "first" including the first cathedral, fort, hospital, monastery, number, customs house, university, paved road, etc.  

Verdict:  I think it's  shame to come here and just stay at the beach (although the beaches are beautiful!) the whole time and miss out on what this historical city has to offer.  Even so, I still wouldn't put it up there as a must-see-before-you-die experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...