Monday, February 25, 2019

#258: The Pitons (2nd Ed, pg 1101)

You will notice in the post, you don't actually see The Pitons!
That is because when I went to St. Lucia, 1) it was before my obsession with the 1000 Places book began - it was actually just 2 years after it was written), 2) The Pitons was left out of the original edition and this trip was long before the 2nd edition was published and 3) I was here on my honeymoon which means I only had eyes for this guy!



So, anyway, even though I don't have any "Pitons" pictures, rest assured we saw them.  I think it's probably pretty hard to go to St. Lucia and not see them!

Verdict:  Well, for me, St. Lucia in general is a must-do but mostly because of all the sentimental reasons I have from being there.  Taking the emotion out of it, I don't think you have to see the Pitons before you die.  They add beauty and uniqueness to the landscape, but all in all, St. Lucia is similar to other caribbean islands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...